We should be concerned about any American living in real material hardship, but much of what the Census reports about poverty is misleading.
Here are 15 facts about poverty in America that may surprise you. (All statistics are taken from U.S. government surveys.)
– Poor households routinely report spending $2.40 for every $1 of income the Census says they have.
– The average poor American lives in a house or apartment that is in good repair and has more living space than the average non poor person in France, Germany, or England. (and Australia..!)
– Eighty-five percent of poor households have air conditioning. (lol, not in Australia – Jaqui, ed, Aquillastar)
– Nearly three-fourths of poor households have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks.
– Nearly two-thirds of poor households have cable or satellite TV.
– Half have a personal computer; 43 percent have internet access.
– Two-thirds have at least one DVD player
– More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation.
– One-third have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV.
(The above data on electronic appliances owned by poor households come from a 2009 government survey so the ownership rates among the poor today are most likely higher.)
Poverty and Hunger:
Activist groups spread alarming stories about widespread hunger in the nation, but in reality, most of the poor do not experience hunger or food shortages. The U.S. Department of Agriculture collects data on these topics in its household food security survey. For 2009, the survey showed:
– Only 4 percent of poor parents reported that their children were hungry even once during the prior year because they could not afford food.
– Some 18 percent of poor adults reported they were hungry even once in the prior year due to lack of money for food.
Poverty and Housing
The following are facts about the housing conditions of the poor.
– Poverty and homelessness are sometimes confused. Over the course of a year, only 4 percent of poor persons become homeless (usually a temporary condition).
– Only 9.5 percent of the poor live in mobile homes or trailers; the rest live in apartments or houses.
– Forty percent of the poor own their own homes, typically, a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths that is in good repair.
Facts About Extreme Poverty
– The left claims that one in 25 families with children live in “extreme poverty” on less than $2 per person per day. Government surveys of self-reported spending by families show the actual number is one in 4,469, not one in 25. The typical family allegedly in “extreme poverty” reports spending $25 for every $1 of income the left claims they have.
In Calculating Poverty, Census Ignores the Almost Entire Welfare State:
Why does the Census identify so many individuals as “poor” who do not appear to be poor in any normal sense of the term? The answer lies in the misleading way the Census measures “poverty.” The Census defines a family as poor if its income falls below a specified income threshold. (For example, the poverty threshold for a family of four in 2015 was $24,036.) But in counting “income,” the Census excludes nearly all welfare benefits.
In 2014, government spent over $1 trillion on means-tested welfare for poor and low income people. (This figure does not include Social Security or Medicare.) Welfare spending on cash, food, and housing was $342 billion.
The cash, food, and housing spending alone was 150 percent of the amount needed to eliminate all poverty in the U.S. But the Census ignored more than four-fifths of these benefits for purposes of measuring poverty. Effectively, the Census counts poverty in the U.S. by ignoring almost the entire welfare state.
Poverty and Self-Sufficiency
Do the higher living standards of families receiving welfare mean the welfare state is successful? The answer is no. The real aim of welfare should be to make families self-sufficient: capable of supporting themselves above the poverty income threshold without reliance on government welfare aid.
Despite having spent over $25 trillion on means-tested welfare since the beginning of the War on Poverty under President Lyndon Johnson, many Americans are less capable of self-sufficiency today than when the War on Poverty began.
The pathways to self-sufficiency are work and marriage. We should reform the welfare state to promote these. Able-bodied recipients should be required to work or prepare for work as a condition of getting aid. Penalties against marriage in welfare programs should be removed.
10 SHOCKING FACTS THE U.S. GOVERNMENT DOESN’T WANT YOU TO KNOW
10 SHOCKING FACTS THE U.S. GOVERNMENT DOES NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW…
WARNING: SOME OF THESE MAY BE DISTURBING….
1. Almost 1,200 people killed by US cops in 2015.
According to the open-source reporting project Killed by Police, 574 of those who died were minorities, 511 were white, and 107 undetermined.
2. It’s Final — Corn Ethanol Is Of No Use. In 2013 the U.S. used 4.7 billion bushels of corn (40% of the harvest) to produce over 13 billion gallons of ethanol fuel. Source: YES! Magazine
3. More than two-thirds (68.8 percent) of adults are considered to be overweight or obese.More than one-third (35.7 percent) of adults are considered to be obese. More than 1 in 20 (6.3 percent) have extreme obesity. Almost 3 in 4 men (74 percent) are considered to be overweight or obese. (Source)
In 1871, the U.S. Treasury went bankrupt as a result of the Civil War. It sought help from global financiers, such as Rothschild’s of London. Global bankers were eager to buy, and the treasonous Act of 1871 was passed by the 41st Congress. The Constitution was altered, and America was transformed into a Corporation. Today, it’s still a corporation owned and run by central bankers. There is no Federal government, only a Federal corporation. Politicians do not serve “we the people,” they work for Corporate America and no one else. America’s product? You.
The United States of America is a corporation that serves apolitical system that lacks anything resembling true legitimacy. The political system it serves is a handful of elite families and institutions using crony politicians such as Hillary Clinton to do their bidding. In what is known as the “Act of 1871,” theForty-First Congress of the United States officially sold out our nation to the Illuminati (or the “global bankers” if the term global banker suits you better), because the U.S. had reached unsustainable levels of debt, and something had to be done (notice a pattern?). The following is from the post titled,Proof: US Congressional Record Says US is Actually a British Crown Colony Run By NWO (Video):
The “Act of 1871” essentially destroyed our republic, and replaced it with the Corporation of the United States. Something not taught in any history books, and certainly not taught by common core, is that the original Constitution drafted by the Founding Fathers, was written in this manner:
“The Constitution for the united states of America.”
The Act of 1871 altered that, and the newer version reads: “THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.” The 1871 version is the Constitution’s “corporate replacement,” and what might seem to layman like no more than semantics, is a far far bigger deal.
As you’ll learn in the video below from Anonymous, the corporation of the UNITED STATESis owned by the Illuminati, which means the Illuminati ultimately make any and all decisions of “real” significance for the United States. As long as the politicians SELECTED NOT ELECTED by either political party’s system, or those chosen by the global elites personally do as they are instructed to do (on a macro level), they are permitted to give off the illusion that they are the actual decision makers for the country. It has been that way “officially” since 1871 when the Forty-First Congress handed all the power of the United States over to the Illuminati. Save the “Conspiracy” nonsense for another time. The Act of 1871 can be downloaded and read for yourself. The video below simplifies it:
5. The Federal Reserve is a Private Corporation.
The Federal Reserve and Internal Revenue Service Income Tax were enacted into law in 1913 as private corporations. The IRS is a private collection agency for the US Federal Reserve, and both are no more “Federal” than Federal Express!
What is the Federal Reserve system? How did it come into existence? Is it part of the federal government? How does it create money? Why is the public kept in the dark about these important matters?
Below is a feature-length documentary film where The Corbett Report explores those important questions, and pulls back the curtain on America’s central bank.
The truth is that the Federal Reserve is a private banking cartel that has been designed to systematically destroy the value of our currency, drain the wealth of the American public and enslave the federal government to perpetually expanding debt. During this election year, the economy is the number one issue that voters are concerned about. But instead of endlessly blaming both political parties, the truth is that most of the blame should be placed at the feet of the Federal Reserve.
The Federal Reserve has more power over the performance of the U.S. economy than anyone else does. The Federal Reserve controls the money supply, the Federal Reserve sets the interest rates and the Federal Reserve hands out bailouts to the big banks that absolutely dwarf anything that Congress ever did. If the American people are ever going to learn what is really going on with our economy, then it is absolutely imperative that they get educated about the Federal Reserve. Enjoy!
6. 47.6 million people in the United States are on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) aka food stamps. A summary statistical report indicated that an average of 47.6 million people used the program in FY 2013. (Source)
“THE STATE IS THAT GREAT FICTION BY WHICH EVERYONE TRIES TO LIVE AT THE EXPENSE OF EVERYONE ELSE.” ― FRÉDÉRIC BASTIAT
7. The U.S. budget deficit. The deficit under current law is projected to be larger this year. CBO estimates that the federal budget deficit in 2016 will be $544 billion. (Source)
In the early 1960s, American military leaders drafted plans to create public support for a war against Cuba, to oust Fidel Castro from power. The plans included committing acts of terrorism in U.S. cities, killing innocent people and U.S. soldiers, blowing up a U.S. ship, assassinating Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees, and hijacking planes. The plans were all approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but were reportedly rejected by the civilian leadership, then kept secret for nearly 40 years.
Author James Bamford, “A Pretext For War”, discusses the declassified “Operation Northwoods” documents revealing that in 1962 the CIA was planning to stage phony terrorist attacks on the US and blame it on Cuba to start a war…. continue reading at The Washington Standard
9. Gulf of Tonkin:
The Gulf of Tonkin Incident is the name given to two separate incidents involving the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the United States in the waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. On August 2, 1964 two American destroyers engaged three North Vietnamese torpedo boats, resulting in the sinking of one of the torpedo boats. This was also the single most important reason for the escalation of the Vietnam War.
10. The U.S. government uses the Hegelian Dialectic on its own citizens. Problem-Reaction-Solution:Psychological operations (PSYOPS), also known as order out of chaos (Latin:Ordo ab Chao), and has been used in some form for thousands of years and is a mass mind control system.
1. Create a problem
2. Manufacture a reaction
3. Provide a solution
“… the State ‘has the supreme right against the individual, whose supreme duty is to be a member of the State… for the right of the world spirit is above all special privileges.’” — Author/historian William Shirer, quoting Hegel in The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (1959)
“There is no Left or Right — there is only freedom or tyranny.
Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you.”
THE HEGELIAN DIALECTIC AND ITS USE IN CONTROLLING MODERN SOCIETY